We’ve put this little video together so that you can see why a summer holiday in Les Gets is a great choice for everyone.
Summer in Les Gets
Les Gets is a beautiful village with a really relaxed atmosphere and very friendly inhabitants. Nestled in the valley it has lovely views wherever you look, and boasts countless artisanal shops, quaint boutiques and excellent restaurants all providing local favourites.
Throughout the summer months there is live music events in the town square (just 2 minutes walk from the chalet), there are often tables of giant wooden boardgames in the streets for children to enjoy, and every other year there is a colourful festival of music where hand organs and alphorns line the streets and stop the traffic!
The Alps are a very special place in the summer, and whether you’re keen to mountain bike, walk or just relax and enjoy the Alpine air, we are sure that you will have a wonderful holiday.
- Swimming lake – just a short walk up the hill
- Adventure Park – like Go Ape in the UK
- Free tennis courts
- Weekly market selling local products
- Live music most weeks
- Free outdoor wooden games often line the streets for children to enjoy
- Giant trampolines, and a carousel in the town square
- Fruitier des Perriers (cheese maker) – watch the big cheese at work
making raclette, tomme de savoie and abondance!
- Festival of music with many celebrations which line the streets of Les Gets
- Farm visits
… and all this is on top of the miles and miles of Alpine tracks and trails which can be explored by bike, foot or on horseback.